Use a good quality lean beef mince (ideally organic) or turkey mince from a good source. Take care not to char the meat as this promotes the development of harmful free radicals.
• 16oz (454g) lean minced turkey
• 2 large cloves garlic, crushed
• 1 tbsp sundried tomato paste
• 1/2 level tsp each of paprika and mild chilli powder • 1 tbsp tamari (or soy sauce)
• 1 tbsp lemon juice & 1 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil • Lo-Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Gently fry the garlic and chilli with the cayenne pepper in 1tbs olive or coconut oil.
2. Add to the turkey with the other ingredients, season and mix thoroughly. Shape the mixture into little balls and chill for 20 minutes if you have time.
3. Grill or shallow fry using 1tbsp olive oil, for 10 minutes or until cooked through, turning during cooking.
You can serve these as a snack, or in a wholemeal pitta bread or wrap, with some tomato salsa.