It's the end of the week and you fancy some spicy food. What better than this fabulous Chicken Tandoori recipe? Even better, the herbs and spices in this dish lend it anti-inflammatory properties.
For vegetarians, tofu would work just as well. Serve with 90g brown basmati rice and steamed vegetables or a big green salad.
• 2 chicken breasts, skinned and chopped into bite-sized chunks • 3oz (85g) natural yoghurt
• Handful flaked almonds
• 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
• 2 garlic cloves, crushed
• 1/2 tsp grated fresh ginger root
• 1/2 tsp ground cumin
• 1/2 tsp ground coriander
• 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
• Pinch of cayenne pepper
• Generous seasoning with low sodium salt and black pepper
1. Place the chicken pieces in a shallow casserole.
2. Mix together the rest of the ingredients and spread over the chicken, then cover the dish and place it in the fridge to marinate for at least an hour.
3. Bake the chicken in the marinade at 200oC/400oF/gas mark 6 for 35-40 minutes until meat is cooked thoroughly. Do not turn.